The Supreme heavy duty retractable loft ladder is supplied as a ready to fit unit. It is manufactured from high strength die-cast aluminium alloy components contained within, and attached to, a laminated wooden hatch box and a 62 mm thick sandwich construction insulated trapdoor. Therefore, the Supreme offers excellent thermal efficiency. It also provides an airtight seal.
The heavy duty spring mechanism allows you to raise and lower the loft ladder with a minimum of effort (operating force of less than 3 kg). In addition, large steps, non-slip protective feet and pre-assembled telescopic handrail offer comfort, safety and ease of egress.
Key benefits at a glance
- High strength, heavy duty.
- Load capacity of 200 kg per step.
- Ease of use, requiring operating forces of less than 3 kg.
- Space-saving retractable ladder for small ceiling openings.
- High energy efficiency of 0.58 W/m2K and an airtight seal.
- Suitable for very high ceilings.
- Large steps and telescopic handrail for comfort and safety.
- Available in standard sizes or made-to-measure with a wide range of options and accessories.
- Spring-assisted retractable (concertina) loft ladder
- Easy to operate, requiring less than 3 kg of force to open/close.
- Retractable ladder manufactured from pressure die-cast aluminium
- High strength, heavy duty loft ladder, with a load capacity of 200 kg per step
- Supplied assembled in a hatch box with insulated trapdoor
- Trapdoor supplied with a white finish to the underside
- Standard hatch box height of 240 mm, but can be specified for depths of up to 2 m (complete with pre-fitted additional treads and grab rails, where required)
- Snap-lock closure mechanism
- Highly insulated (U-value of 0.58 W/m2K, certified by IFT Rosenheim to DIN ISO 12567-1)
- Reducing loss of heat and lowering energy costs
- Airtight (Class 4 air permeability certified by IFT Rosenheim according to DIN EN 12207 / 12114)
- Available in standard hatch sizes for floor-to-ceiling heights between 2200 mm and 2790 mm
- Can be made-to-measure to meet your exact dimensional requirements, for floor-to-ceiling heights of up to 4600 mm (contact us for details)
- Telescopic handrail as standard (optional 2nd telescopic handrail available)
- Large steps / treads for improved safety, comfort and ease of egress
- Maximum stair width supplied to fit your floor-to-ceiling height and opening width
- Step width ranges from 200 mm to 580 mm (subject to aperture size and ceiling height).
- Step depth from 140 mm (for steps up to 380 mm wide) to 160 mm (for steps between 430 mm and 580 mm wide)
- Non-slip feet with rubber pads to protect the floor
- Available with a wide range of accessories
- Top-operation (see ‘Accessories’, below)
- Allows the stairway to be raised and lowered from above and below.
- The maximum floor to ceiling height would be 4300 mm, or 4600 mm subject to confirmation.
- A top-operation handle can be fitted for hatch box depths of between 200 mm to 390 mm, and there must be at least 700 mm of clear space behind one end of the hatch box to allow the handle to rotate.
- For deeper hatch boxes, or where there is no space behind the hatch box, the Supreme can be fitted with a boden cable release system and a second operating pole for use from above.
Supreme Electric loft ladder
- The Supreme loft ladder is available with a low-noise electric motor for the ultimate in convenience. In addition, it features a back-up battery power supply, as well as an automatic safety and limit stop function.
- Click here for more information
- The Supreme DD loft ladder features all the same benefits of the Supreme, but with a secondary upper cover to offer exceptional thermal insulation (U-value 0.28 W/m2K). Also, the upper door can also be closed when in the loft space, helping to prevent draughts and condensation build-up in the loft space.
- As a result, the Supreme DD is ideal for energy efficient, low carbon buildings.
- Click here for more information
Fire rated Supreme loft ladder range
- The Supreme is available with either wooden or steel fire rated hatch boxes for projects where fire resistance is essential.
- Available with F30, F60 or F90 fire ratings.
- Visit our Fire Resistant Loft Ladders page for details of the full range.
Flat roof access hatch with Supreme Ladder
- A weather resistant flat roof access hatch is available with a fully integrated Supreme loft ladder.
- The full range of Supreme models are available, from the standard insulated hatch box, through to fire rated steel hatch boxes.
- Also available with electrically operated ladder and/or electric upper hatch.
- Please click here for more details.
The Supreme heavy duty concertina loft ladder is available in the following standard sizes that can be ordered online.
Clear room height (mm)
|Opening length x width (mm)||Case height (mm)|
2200 – 2790
1200 x 600
2200 – 2790
1200 x 700
2200 – 2790
1300 x 700
|2200 – 2790||1400 x 700||
The Supreme loft ladder can also be ordered made-to-measure for floor-to-ceiling heights from 1.85 m to 4.6 m, and opening sizes from as small as 750 mm long x 530 mm wide. Please download a ‘customer specification sheet’ (below) and contact us to discuss your requirements and to arrange a quotation.
- Manufactured to EN 14975 (certified by TÜV SÜD)
- Supplied with a manufacturer’s 2-year full warranty and 10-year parts warranty
The Supreme heavy duty retractable loft ladder is available as a BIM model/object from the NBS National BIM library in IFC and Revit format. Please click here for more detail and to download the object.
The following accessories are only available for order with a Supreme heavy duty loft ladder. Please make sure to add the required accessories to your cart before checkout, or contact us directly to discuss your requirements.
Supreme loft ladder with a wooden hatch box and trapdoor plus weatherproof roof hatch plus 1 additional treads – 6000211D
Supreme loft ladder with a wooden hatch box and trapdoor plus weatherproof roof hatch plus 2 additional treads – 6000212D
Technical specification for the Supreme heavy duty loft ladder can be found on NBS Source.
Suspended ceiling hatch and loft ladder
Premier Loft Ladders helped Horizon Construction provide a safe and convenient access solution to a 1st floor plant room within a premium car showroom. What made this project particularly challenging was the 1.8m deep ceiling void. In addition, the access point was also in a prominent location outside the showroom offices.
The Supreme loft ladder offered the perfect solution. The heavy duty concertina loft ladder featured a bespoke, deep hatch box. As a result, it provides safe and easy access to the car dealership plant room.
The Supreme loft ladder provides easy access to loft for everyday use in family home
Sam Beardsley Carpentry, had a client needing a high-spec loft ladder for everyday use in a brand new home. Already familiar with Premier Loft Ladders, Sam got in contact to discuss his project and review the available options. The Supreme was the obvious choice based upon the needs of Sam’s client. The end result was a loft ladder that they were ‘over the moon with’.
“The main thing I liked about Premier Loft Ladders were how quick they were in response to any questions I had.”
Sam Beardsley, Sam Beardsley Carpentry