The Designo wooden loft ladder perfectly balances aesthetics with strength and quality. Also, it is quiet, smooth and easy to operate. The 3-part folding heavy duty wooden loft ladder is contained within, and attached to, an insulated wooden hatch box. It offers excellent energy efficiency thanks to a highly insulated trapdoor with 6-point locking mechanism providing an airtight seal. It is also fitted with the patented WDL sealing and insulation tape, which provides a perfect seal between the hatch box and building and saves time during installation.
Can be ordered as a Passive House Institute certified component – Designo Passivhaus
Key benefits at a glance
- Traditional wooden loft ladder design.
- High strength ladder.
- Load capacity of 180kg per step.
- High energy efficiency of 0.60 W/m2K.
- 6-point locking trapdoor for an airtight seal when closed.
- WDL insulation and sealing tape for airtight seal with the building
- Wide steps with anti-slip profile for comfort and safety.
- Available in standard sizes or made-to-measure with a range of options and accessories.
- 3 part folding wooden loft ladder with adjustable tilt
- Traditional wooden loft ladder design
- Attractive styling
- High strength, heavy duty loft ladder, with a load capacity of 180kg per step
- Supplied assembled in a hatch box with insulated trapdoor
- Trapdoor supplied with a white finish to both sides
- Standard hatch box height of 190mm (290mm for Designo Passivhaus), but can be specified for heights of up to 710mm
- 6-point locking mechanism
- Pre-drilled holes in hatch box for quick and easy installation
- High energy efficiency (U-value of 0.60 W/m2K, calculated by manufacturer according to DIN EN ISO 6946)
- Reducing loss of heat and lowering energy costs
- Class 4 air permeability certified
- Available in standard hatch sizes for floor-to-ceiling heights between 2300mm and 2800mm
- Can be made-to-order to meet your exact dimensional requirements, for floor-to-ceiling heights of up to 3300mm (contact us for details)
- Wide steps / treads with anti-slip profile for comfort and safety
- Step width of 330mm
- Step depth of 80mm
- Supplied ready to install with a standard with a range of accessories
- Handrail for safety
- Protective feet
- Operating rod with square shaft
- Snap-on cover strips in white
- Available certified by the Passive House Institute (Passivhaus Institut) as a passive house component.
- Can be ordered with a secondary upper hatch for applications requiring particularly high levels of thermal insulation (U value of 0.29 W/m2K). Visit the Designo DD product page for more information.
Clear room height (mm)
|Opening length x width (mm)||Case height (mm) *|
2300 – 2800
1200 x 600
2300 – 2800
1200 x 700
2300 – 2800
1300 x 700
|2300 – 2800||1400 x 700||
* If requiring a passive house certified component (Designo Passivhaus), please note that the minimum case height is 290mm.
The Designo loft ladder can also be ordered made-to-measure for floor-to-ceiling heights from 2.3m to 3.3m, and opening sizes from 1200mm long x 550mm wide.
Please download a ‘customer specification sheet’ (below) and contact us to discuss your requirements and to arrange a quotation.
- Manufactured and tested to EN 14975 (certified by TÜV SÜD)
- Supplied with a manufacturer’s 2-year full warranty and 10-year parts warranty
- Certified by the Passive House Institute (Passivhaus Institut) as a passive house component (Designo Passivhaus)
The following accessories are only available for order with a loft ladder. Please make sure to add the required accessories to your cart before checkout, or contact us directly to discuss your requirements.
Designo Loft Ladder brochure
Technical specification for the Designo wooden loft ladder can be found on NBS Source.