Designo Passive House Loft Ladder
Highly Insulated & Passivhaus certified…
…sets the standard for long-lasting quality and design
From £755 (excl. VAT)
Including delivery to any UK mainland address
Operation: 3-part folding
Load capacity: 180 kg per step
U-value: 0.63 W/m2K
Max floor-to-ceiling height: 3.3 m
The Designo Passive House wooden loft ladder perfectly balances aesthetics with strength and quality. Also, it is quiet, smooth and easy to operate. The 3-part folding heavy duty wooden loft ladder is contained within, and attached to, an insulated wooden hatch box. It offers excellent energy efficiency thanks to a highly insulated trapdoor with 6-point locking mechanism providing an airtight seal.
The Designo is also fitted with the patented WDL sealing and insulation tape, which provides a perfect seal between the hatch box and building and saves time during installation. Made of tear-resistant material, it also offers thermal and acoustic insulation.
This high performance loft ladder is certified by the Passive House (Passivhaus) Institute Darmstadt and therefore meets the requirements for passive house construction.
Key benefits at a glance
- Certified Passivhaus loft ladder.
- Traditional wooden loft ladder design.
- High strength ladder.
- Load capacity of 180 kg per step.
- High energy efficiency of 0.63 W/m2K.
- 6-point locking trapdoor for an airtight seal when closed (Class 4).
- WDL insulation and sealing tape for airtight seal with the building.
- Wide steps with anti-slip profile for comfort and safety.
- Available in standard sizes or made-to-measure with a range of options and accessories.
- 3 part folding wooden loft ladder with adjustable tilt
- Traditional wooden loft ladder design
- Attractive styling
- High strength, heavy duty loft ladder, with a load capacity of 180 kg per step
- Supplied assembled in a hatch box with insulated trapdoor
- Trapdoor supplied with a white finish to both sides
- Standard hatch box height of 290 mm, but can be specified for heights of up to 710 mm
- 6-point locking mechanism
- Pre-drilled holes in hatch box for quick and easy installation
- High energy efficiency (U-value of 0.63 W/m2K, calculated by manufacturer according to DIN EN ISO 6946)
- Reducing loss of heat and lowering energy costs
- Class 4 air permeability certified (tested to DIN EN 12207 / 12114 by IFT Rosenheim)
- Available in standard hatch sizes for floor-to-ceiling heights between 2300 mm and 2800 mm
- Can be made-to-order to meet your exact dimensional requirements, for floor-to-ceiling heights of up to 3300 mm (contact us for details)
- Wide steps / treads with anti-slip profile for comfort and safety
- Step width of 330 mm
- Step depth of 80 mm
- Supplied ready to install with a range of accessories
- Handrail for safety
- Protective feet
- Operating pole with square shaft
- Snap-on cover strips in white
- Available without Passive House certification. please click here for details of the standard Designo Loft Ladder.
- Can be ordered with a secondary upper hatch for applications requiring particularly high levels of thermal insulation (U value of 0.29 W/m2K). Visit the Designo DD product page for more information.
The Designo Passive House loft ladder is available in the following standard sizes that can be ordered on line.
Clear room height (mm)
|Opening length x width (mm)||Case height (mm) *|
2300 – 2800
1200 x 600
2300 – 2800
1200 x 700
2300 – 2800
1300 x 700
|2300 – 2800||1400 x 700||
* Please make sure to select ‘Yes’ in the ‘Passive House Certified’ box when ordering.
The Designo Passive House loft ladder can also be ordered made-to-measure for floor-to-ceiling heights from 2.3 m to 3.3 m, and opening sizes from 1200 mm long x 550 mm wide.
Please download a ‘customer specification sheet’ (below) and contact us to discuss your requirements and to arrange a quotation.
- Manufactured and tested to EN 14975 (certified by TÜV SÜD)
- Supplied with a manufacturer’s 2-year full warranty and 10-year parts warranty
- Certified by the Passive House Institute (Passivhaus Institut) as a passive house component
The following accessories are only available for order with a loft ladder. Please make sure to add the required accessories to your cart before checkout, or contact us directly to discuss your requirements.
Designo Loft Ladder brochure
Technical specification and BIM object for the Designo wooden loft ladder can be found on NBS Source.