Picollo Premium Loft Ladder
The Piccolo Premium space-saving loft ladder…
…easy to operate and perfect for very small ceiling openings
From £465 (excl. VAT)
Available from stock for delivery in 1-2 days
Operation: Retractable ladder
Load capacity: 150 kg per step
Max floor-to-ceiling height: 3.00 m
The Piccolo Premium loft ladder is easy to fit and made from aluminium alloy components. The Piccolo Premium’s space-saving concertina design makes it the perfect loft ladder for small ceiling openings or use in an existing hatch box.
What makes this different to the standard Piccolo is the inclusion of a spring mechanism to assist with opening and retracting the loft ladder; making it very easy to operate and improving safety.
Key benefits at a glance
- Space-saving loft ladder for small ceiling openings.
- Lightweight and durable aluminium ladder.
- Load capacity of 150 kg per step.
- Ease of use.
- Easy to install.
- Available in standard sizes from stock.
- Spring mechanism makes operation easy and enhances safety.
- Spring-assisted concertina (retractable) loft ladder
- Easy to operate
- Compact, space-saving ladder
- Concertina ladder manufactured from aluminium
- Load capacity of 150 kg per step
- Easy to install within an existing hatch box or directly to the ceiling timbers or masonry.
- Supplied with a wooden backboard (390 mm wide x 110 mm high) and fixings
- Available in standard sizes for floor-to-ceiling heights between 2 and 3 m
- Wide treads with non-slip profile
- 330 mm wide (for opening widths of 410 mm and over).
- Step depth of 80 mm
- Can be made-to-order with a tread width of 280 mm for ceiling openings as narrow as 360 mm (contact us for details)
- The Piccolo Premium can be fitted with a telescopic handrail for enhanced safety and comfort. Please note that a Piccolo Premium ordered with a handrail is made-to-order and cannot be supplied from stock.
Piccolo Premium Vertical
- The Piccolo Premium loft ladder can be fitted with a hinge mechanism that allows it to be stowed vertically. As such, it can be used within a vertical access hatch or on a mezzanine floor.
- The damped hinge mechanism allows for safe and easy operation. In addition, it allows the Piccolo Premium Vertical to be positioned behind a door, up to 40 mm from the edge of the opening (80 mm with special modification).
- Please click here for further details.
- Where space is particularly tight, the Piccolo is a good option. The Piccolo features the same space-saving concertina loft ladder as the Piccolo Premium, but does not have the counter-balance spring.
- Click here for more information.
No. of treads
|Minimum Opening length (mm)||Clear room height (mm)|
|2000 – 2250|
2250 – 2500
2500 – 2750
2750 – 3000
Opening width (from) (mm)
Tread/step width (mm)
* Piccolo Premium loft ladders with 280 mm wide tread are made-to-order and subject to a lead-time of 1-2 weeks.
- Manufactured to EN 14975 (certified by TÜV SÜD)
- Supplied with a manufacturer’s 2-year full warranty and 10-year parts warranty
The following accessories are only available for order with a Piccolo Premium. Please make sure to add the required accessories to your cart before checkout, or contact us directly to discuss your requirements.
Picollo Premium loft ladder brochure
Aluminium concertina loft ladder brochure
Technical specification for the Piccolo & Piccolo Premium space-saving loft ladders can be found on NBS Plus.
Piccolo Premium Vertical loft ladder offers innovative access via glass loft hatch
The glass loft hatch in this Victorian family home provides a valuable source of natural light. However, it is also the only means of access to the loft. The home owners wanted a loft ladder that maintained the period features, did not block the light and could fit within the existing small opening. Therefore, finding the right loft ladder was very difficult.
A space-saving loft ladder that could be stowed away from the opening was needed. The Piccolo Premium Vertical offered the perfect solution.