The Ecco concertina loft ladder supersedes the popular Mini loft ladder and is designed for small ceiling openings. It is supplied as a ready to fit unit, consisting of a space-saving aluminium ladder contained within, and attached to, a laminated wooden hatch box. The Ecco features an insulated trap door with multi-point latching system, therefore giving an airtight seal (class 4 certified) all the way around the hatch. It is also pre-assembled with the WDL sealing and insulation tape, preventing cold draughts between the hatch box and ceiling and helping to make installation quicker & easier.
Key benefits at a glance
- Space-saving retractable loft ladder for small ceiling openings.
- Ease of use, lightweight and durable aluminium ladder.
- Load capacity of 150kg per step.
- Good energy efficiency of 0.77 W/m2K
- 4-point locking trapdoor for an airtight seal when closed.
- WDL insulation and sealing tape for airtight seal with the building
- Hatch trap door finished in white on both sides.
- Available in standard sizes or made-to-order, with a range of accessories.
- Retractable (concertina) loft ladder
- Easy to operate
- Compact, space-saving design
- Concertina ladder manufactured from aluminium
- Load capacity of 150kg per step
- Supplied assembled in a hatch box with insulated trapdoor
- Standard hatch box height of 240mm, but can be specified for heights between 200mm to 700mm
- 4-point locking mechanism
- Pre-drilled holes in hatch box for quick and easy installation
- Trapdoor supplied with a white finish to both sides
- Energy efficient (U-value of 0.77 W/m2K, calculated by manufacturer according to DIN EN ISO 6946)
- Reducing loss of heat and lowering energy costs
- Class 4 air permeability certified
- Available in standard hatch sizes for floor-to-ceiling heights between 2250mm and 2750mm
- Can be made-to-order to meet your exact dimensional requirements, for floor-to-ceiling heights of up to 3250mm (contact us for details)
- Optimal step / tread size for width of ceiling opening
- Maximum stair width supplied to fit your floor-to-ceiling height and opening width
- Step width of 280mm (for a 550mm opening width) and 330mm (for opening widths between 600mm and 900mm).
- Step depth of 80mm
- Anti-slip profile for comfort and safety
- Supplied ready to install with a standard with a range of accessories
- WDL insulation & sealing tape around the hatch box
- Mounting screws
- Protective feet
- Operating pole
- Snap-on cover strips in white
Ecco concertina loft ladder with flat roof access hatch
- The Ecco concertina loft ladder can be ordered with a flat roof access hatch.
- Designed to withstand the wind and weather. Water-repellent (Class E1200) and treated with fungicide.
- U-value of 0.40 W/m²K (calculated by manufacturer to DIN EN ISO 6946)
- Opening lengths from 800mm to 1600mm and opening widths of 600mm to 900mm (see drawing 6000494 for details)
- Please contact us for a quote.
The Ecco concertina loft ladder is available in the following standard sizes that can be ordered online.
Clear room height (mm)
|Opening length x width (mm)||Case height (mm)|
2250 – 2750
1100 x 600
2250 – 2750
1100 x 700
2250 – 2750
1200 x 600
|2250 – 2750||1200 x 700||
The Ecco can also be ordered made-to-measure for floor-to-ceiling heights from 2m to 3.25m, and opening sizes from as small as 800mm long x 550mm wide. Please download a ‘customer specification sheet’ (below) and contact us to discuss your requirements and to arrange a quotation.
- Manufactured to EN 14975 (DN 4570)
- Supplied with a manufacturer’s 2-year full warranty and 10-year parts warranty
The following accessories are only available for order with a new Ecco concertina loft ladder. Please make sure to add the required accessories to your cart before checkout, or contact us directly to discuss your requirements.
Aluminium concertina loft ladder brochure
Technical specification for the Ecco concertina loft ladder can be found on NBS Plus.
Ecco concertina loft ladder steps up to the challenge
Loft Boarding Scotland and their clients, Ian and Dianne, had a challenging set of requirements. Firstly, they needed a replacement loft ladder that offered safe and easy access to the loft of a period home. Secondly, the new loft ladder needed to be suitable for a high ceiling with only a small loft opening. As such, the compact Ecco loft ladder provided the perfect solution.
“So light, neat and simple to use”
Ian and Dianne