Skylark electric folding attic stairs feature a 3-section wooden loft ladder with electric motor operation. With the press of a button, the beautiful Skylark stairs open and unfold. As a result, there is no manual effort needed. The electric folding attic stairs come with one infrared remote control handset, one hardwired switch in the attic and one hardwired switch on the lid. In addition, a Bluetooth adaptor is included so that you can operate the Skylark using your smartphone or tablet.
The Beech hardwood ladder is attached to and contained within a sealed and highly insulated hatch (U-value of 0.71 W/m2K). The Skylark also comes with 2 handrails, steps with a rise of just 230 mm and a climbing angle of 64 degrees. Therefore offering safe and comfortable access to your loft
Key benefits at a glance
- Ease of operation and convenience.
- Beautiful wooden loft ladder manufactured from high quality materials for strength and durability.
- Infrared remote control and Bluetooth connectivity as standard.
- Battery back up in case of power outage.
- Powered by Linak – one of the most renowned manufacturers of motors and electric equipment in the world.
- Load capacity of 150 kg per step.
- Energy efficient hatch box and trapdoor (U-value of 0.71 W/m2K).
- Made to order to meet your exact specification.
- Electrically operated folding wooden loft ladder
- Easy to operate
- Manufactured from beech hardwood and 5 mm steel brackets
- Hard wearing
- Load capacity of 150 kg
- Multiple operating switches
- One remote control handset
- One wired switch in the attic (used to operate the unit if the Skylark has been closed while someone is in the loft by accident)
- Plus, one wired switch on the underside of the Skylark hatch
- Bluetooth adaptor, allowing the Skylark to be operated using a smartphone or tablet
- Power pack with battery back up in case of power shortage
- Skylark can be operated 15 to 20 times on battery power alone
- Battery recharges automatically once power has been restored
- Powered by Linak motors, which are renowned for quality and reliability
- The Skylark can be made in a wide range of sizes to suit your needs
- Available in standard sizes for floor-to-ceiling heights up to 3200 mm
- Step width of 338 mm (x 100 mm deep)
- Handrails on both sides
- Can be easily installed within an existing hatch box or directly to the ceiling timbers or masonry
A semi-automatic version of the Skylark foldaway attic stairs is also available. Only the trapdoor is electrically operated. As a result, the wooden ladder must be unfolded (& folded) manually.
For further details, please contact us.
Skylark electric folding attic stairs are made-to-measure. Please take note of the min. and max. dimensions as shown below.
|Floor-to-ceiling height (mm)||Minimum opening length (mm)*||Opening width (mm)*||Case height (mm)|
|up to 2500||1200||650 to 800||110|
|Up to 2900||1350||650 to 800||110|
|Up to 3200||1500||650 to 800||110|
|Up to 3500||1600||650 to 800||110|
* Important – please note that these are frame dimensions (not structural opening dimensions). When preparing your ceiling opening, please add 10 mm to the Skylark frame length and 10 mm to the width.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and to arrange a quotation.
- Manufactured and tested to BS EN 14975 (certified by BSI)
- Supplied with a manufacturer’s 10-year parts warranty
Electric loft ladder brochure