The Klimatec 160 offers the perfect solution for low carbon and passivhaus projects that require fire protection. It benefits from very high thermal insulation and is certified by the Passive House Institute for use in passive buildings. In addition, the folding steel ladder offers a very high load rating of 250 kg per tread. As a result, the Klimatec passivhaus loft ladder is suitable for both residential and commercial projects.
Key benefits at a glance
- Certified passivhaus loft ladder
- High strength ladder.
- Load capacity of 250kg per step.
- High energy efficiency of 0.34 W/m2K.
- 30 minute (EI230) fire protection
- Seamless hatch door with powder coat finish
- Available in standard sizes or made-to-measure with a range of options and accessories.
- Folding steel loft ladder with white powder coat finish
- High strength, heavy duty loft ladder, with a load capacity of 250kg per step
- Supplied assembled in a hatch box with insulated trapdoor
- Trapdoor provides seamless finish when closed
- Standard hatch box height of 480mm
- Includes mounting accessories and instructions
- High energy efficiency (U-value of 0.34 W/m2K, tested by the Passivhaus Institut Darmstadt according to certificate 0836as01)
- Reducing loss of heat and lowering energy costs
- Class 4 air permeability certified (according to EN12114 and EN 1026 by TU Graz)
- 30 minute fire-protection (EI230 tested according to ÖNORM 3860, EN 1634-1, EN1363-1)
- Available in standard hatch sizes for floor-to-ceiling heights between 2500mm and 2750mm
- Can be made-to-order to meet your exact dimensional requirements
- Wide steps / treads with anti-slip profile for comfort and safety
- Step width of 360mm
- Step depth of 120mm
- Supplied ready to install with mounting accessories and instructions
- Can be ordered with a secondary upper hatch for applications requiring particularly high levels of thermal insulation and to protect against dust.
Clear room height (mm)
|Opening length x width (mm)||Case height (mm)|
2500 – 2700
1200 x 700
2500 – 2650
1300 x 700
2550 – 2750
1400 x 700
The Klimatec 160 can also be ordered made-to-measure:
Aperture length: 1000mm – 1400mm
Aperture width: 500mm – 700mm
Floor to ceiling height: Up to max. 3400mm
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and to arrange a quotation.
- Manufactured to EN 14975
- Supplied with a manufacturer’s 2-year full warranty and 10-year parts warranty
- Certified by the Passive House Institute (Passivhaus Institut) as a passive house component
- EI230 fire-protection (tested according to ÖNORM 3860, EN 1634-1, EN1363-1)
The following accessories are only available for order with a loft ladder. Please make sure to add the required accessories to your cart before checkout, or contact us directly to discuss your requirements.
Insulated upper cover
Please contact us for details
Technical specification and BIM object for the Klimatec 160 Passivhaus loft ladder can be found on NBS Source.