The Designo Passivhaus wooden loft ladder perfectly balances aesthetics with strength, quality and excellent energy efficiency. The 3-part folding heavy duty wooden loft ladder is contained within, and attached to, a highly insulated wooden hatch box with a secondary upper cover. The upper cover can be closed immediately after entering the loft, therefore preventing the flow of air. This not only helps to lock the warmth in the home or building, but also prevents moist air from flowing into the loft and condensing in the cold areas. The highly insulated lower trapdoor with 6-point locking mechanism providing an airtight seal.
The Desigo Passivhaus loft ladder is also fitted with the patented WDL sealing and insulation tape, which provides a perfect seal between the hatch box and building and saves time during installation.
Key benefits at a glance
- Traditional wooden loft ladder design.
- High strength ladder.
- Load capacity of 180kg per step.
- Very high energy efficiency of 0.29 W/m2K
- 6-point locking trapdoor for a tight seal when closed.
- Wide steps with anti-slip profile for comfort and safety.
- Available in standard sizes or made-to-order with a range of options and accessories.
- 3 part folding wooden loft ladder with adjustable tilt
- Traditional wooden loft ladder design
- Attractive styling
- High strength ladder, with a load capacity of 180kg per step
- Supplied assembled in a hatch box with insulated trapdoor and upper cover
- Trapdoor supplied with a white finish to both sides
- Upper cover with one-hand, gas-spring assisted operation
- Standard hatch box height of 630mm, but can be specified for heights of up to 710mm
- 6-point locking mechanism on trapdoor
- Very high energy efficiency (U-value of 0.29 W/m2K, calculated by the manufacturer according to DIN ISO 6946 by IFT Rosenheim)
- Designed for Passivhaus (Passive House) buildings
- Class 4 air permeability certified
- Available in standard hatch sizes for floor-to-ceiling heights between 2300mm and 2800mm
- Can be made-to-order to meet your exact dimensional requirements, for floor-to-ceiling heights of up to 3300mm (contact us for details)
- Wide steps / treads with anti-slip profile for comfort and safety
- Step width of 330mm
- Step depth of 80mm
- Supplied ready to install with a standard with a range of accessories
- Handrail for safety
- Protective feet
- Operating rod with square shaft
- Snap-on cover strips in white
- Pre-drilled hatch box and mounting screws
The Designo Passivhaus loft ladder is available in the following standard sizes that can be ordered on line.
Clear room height (mm)
|Opening length x width (mm)||Case height (mm)|
2300 – 2800
1200 x 600
2300 – 2800
1200 x 700
2300 – 2800
1300 x 700
|2300 – 2800||1400 x 700||
The Designo Passivhaus loft ladder can also be ordered made-to-measure for floor-to-ceiling heights from 2.3m to 3.3m, and opening sizes from 1200mm long x 550mm wide. Please download a ‘customer specification sheet’ (below) and contact us to discuss your requirements and to arrange a quotation.
- Manufactured to EN 14975 (DN 4570)
- Supplied with a manufacturer’s 2-year full warranty and 10-year parts warranty
The following accessories are only available for order with a loft ladder. Please make sure to add the required accessories to your cart before checkout, or contact us directly to discuss your requirements.
Designo Loft Ladder brochure